Thursday 8 May 2014

Training - After Kilimanjaro

It's after the climb and I still want to keep in shape. The workouts that I did for the climb had me at the gym 1.5 hours three times a week plus hot yoga every other day. It was a huge time commitment. Now that I'm back I have a reduced my workout provided by my personal trainer to an hour with 30 minutes of cardio every other day. It's nice to have a bit more free time.

However, rather ease up I'd like to more on take on new challenges. What are those new challenges? I'll have to do some thinking. One of them that I'm thinking about is the Actif Epica. I've even gone so far as to buy a new mountain bike. Yet I still am having issues getting my self in the proper mind set to train, especially run. Given my lack of resolve, the only solution really is to sign up for a run. A half marathon or 10 km should do the trick. The MEC Race Series (http://events.mec.ca/node/11388) looks to be the perfect thing. It shouldn't be so bad as I have already completed a fully marathon last year. This should put a level of fear in me to get myself going while training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment